Conditional Sentence Type I
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type I.
- If you (wash) the dishes, I (cook) dinner tonight.
- If my dad (have) time next week, we (paint) my room.
- You (learn) a lot about American history if you (visit) the exhibition.
- If the weather (be / not) too bad tomorrow, we (play) golf.
- We (get / not) there on time if we (catch / not) the bus.
Conditional Sentence Type II
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type II.
- If I (have) more time, I (learn) to play the guitar.
- If she (study) harder, she (get) better marks.
- If we (know) more about history, we (be / not) afraid of the test.
- I (go) jogging with Tom and Sue if they (be) here this week.
- It (surprise) me if she (help / not) you.
Conditional Sentence Type I or II
Complete the sentences with the correct form (Type I or II).
- If you need the car in the afternoon, I shopping in the morning.
- If I a hat, I would look like an old woman.
- I'll buy this bag if they it in blue.
- She wouldn't pay cash if she a credit card.
- If I didn't have you, I what to do.
Before submitting the test, check the following:
- Got the spelling right?
- Put in the full stop or question mark where required?
- Used the correct key to type the apostrophe (Shift and #)?
1) If you come with me, I (to do) the shopping with you.
2) Walter (to help) his mother in the garden if she reads him a story this evening.
3) If it (to rain), I will stay at home.
4) Our teacher will be happy if we (to learn) the poem by heart.
5) If they had enough money, they (to buy) a new car.
6) We (to pass) the exam if we studied harder.
7) If Pat (to repair) his bike, he could go on a bicycle tour with us.
8) She would get 100 pounds if she (to sell) this old shelf.
9) If I was/were you, I (to invite) Jack to the party.
10) If the weather (to be) fine, the children can walk to school.
Type 1 if simple present, present future
contoh : If I have much money, I will buy everything.
note : pengandaian ini bisa terjadi apabila kondisinya memungkinkan
Type 2 Pattern : If + Past Tense, Past Future
( S + V 2 ), ( S + Would + V1 )
Contoh : a) If I had a lot of money, I would go abroad now
In fact, I do not have a lot of money, so I do not go abroad now
Pattern : If + S + Were + Adjective / Noun , S + Would + V1
Contoh : b) If I were a docter now, I would check your health.
In fact, I am not a docter now, so I do not check your health.
Everybody knows that my profession is a teacher.
Note, conditional tipe 2. pengandaian tidak terlaksana di waktu sekarang.
According to the rule She was
They, we , you were
Contoh : If I were a man , I would go everywhere
In fact, I am a woman , so I do not go anywhere.
"Conditions deal with imagined situations: some are possible, some are unlikely, some are impossible. The speaker/writer imagines that something can or cannot happen or have happened, and then compares that situation with possible consequences or outcomes, or offers further logical conclusions about the situation."